Do I have to lodge a tax return if I`ve work in Australia?


Do I have to lodge a tax return if I`ve work in Australia?

  • No one logged in.
  • Subscribe button New Post Button

09-Sep-2010 11:17 AM

Mr Tax

Posts: 13

Under Australian law, you must lodge a tax return if you earned over $6000 in one financial year or your employer has withheld any tax from your wages (even if you earned less than $6,000). Apart from the legal requirement, it is usually advantageous for an employee to lodge a tax return. From our experiences, more than 98% of people who lodged their tax return were entitled to a tax refund. Some people think that lodging a tax return is difficult or complicated. However, there are many tax professionals out there who can assist in the preparation of your tax return. The only documents that are usually required are:

-payment summaries
-your tax file number, and
-a form of identification.
Tax Refund Australia
  • Subscribe button New Post Button

The Average Australian Tax Refund is $2600


Need Tax Information

Australian money

Tax for working holiday makers.
It is a complete myth that you will automatically get all your tax back when you leave Australia! There is a lot of confusion out there amongst, not only working holiday backpackers but also amongst many employers and even some accountants and tax agents.

Read More


Need Visa Information

Passport image

Need a visa for Australia
WHV's can ONLY be applied for; before arriving in Australia. Working Holiday Visa's* can only be granted before you arrive in Australia. For details about applying visit Australia's official website here ( or visit a Travel Agent or an Australian Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in.

Read More


Need Superannuation Information

If your monthly wage is more than $A450, your employer must contribute an additional sum equal to 9.5% of your wage into a superannuation (pension) account for you. If you entered Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa you can, in most cases, access your contributions when you leave Australia, although the contributions will be taxed.

Read More