When is my superannuation paid?


When is my superannuation paid?

  • No one logged in.
  • Subscribe button New Post Button

01-Sep-2016 02:23 PM

Mr Tax

Posts: 7

Your Super should be paid each month by your employer into a super fund.


If you leave the country your super fund will be asked by the ATO to transfer your super to them, if you haven't claimed it after a minimum period of six months since you left Australia and your visa ceased to be in effect. The ATO will hold your unclaimed super for you until you claim it. The ATO will not look for you, it's your responsibility to make a claim. The time frame will all depend on what paperwork you have.

But how do you claim your superannuation fund back? It’s simple: you get in touch with Taxback, fill out the short super refund pack, and we’ll do the rest.
The average superannuation refund with taxback.com is $3380 so claim it back today.



  • Subscribe button New Post Button

The Average Australian Tax Refund is $2600


Need Tax Information

Australian money

Tax for working holiday makers.
It is a complete myth that you will automatically get all your tax back when you leave Australia! There is a lot of confusion out there amongst, not only working holiday backpackers but also amongst many employers and even some accountants and tax agents.

Read More


Need Visa Information

Passport image

Need a visa for Australia
WHV's can ONLY be applied for; before arriving in Australia. Working Holiday Visa's* can only be granted before you arrive in Australia. For details about applying visit Australia's official website here (www.immi.gov.au) or visit a Travel Agent or an Australian Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in.

Read More


Need Superannuation Information

If your monthly wage is more than $A450, your employer must contribute an additional sum equal to 9.5% of your wage into a superannuation (pension) account for you. If you entered Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa you can, in most cases, access your contributions when you leave Australia, although the contributions will be taxed.

Read More