I don’t know if my employer is paying my superannuation…


I don’t know if my employer is paying my superannuation…

  • No one logged in.
  • Subscribe button New Post Button

09-Sep-2010 12:05 PM

Mr Tax

Posts: 13

Although it is a legal requirement for your employer to pay your superannuation, it is true that some employer does not make the superannuation contribution to your superannuation fund. If you suspect that your employer is not paying your superannuation or if you are unsure, your first contact should be directly with your employer.


If the employer states that they have paid but you can’t find any evidence, please ask them for details of your superannuation fund and contact superannuation fund directly to see if your account has the correct balance.


If your employer refuses to pay or does not provide you with any evidence of payment, then you can make a complaint to the Australian Taxation Office. The following link provides more information regarding unpaid superannuation.


If you need help with contacting ATO about your unpaid superannuation, tax professionals can assist you with this matter.

  • Subscribe button New Post Button

The Average Australian Tax Refund is $2600


Need Tax Information

Australian money

Tax for working holiday makers.
It is a complete myth that you will automatically get all your tax back when you leave Australia! There is a lot of confusion out there amongst, not only working holiday backpackers but also amongst many employers and even some accountants and tax agents.

Read More


Need Visa Information

Passport image

Need a visa for Australia
WHV's can ONLY be applied for; before arriving in Australia. Working Holiday Visa's* can only be granted before you arrive in Australia. For details about applying visit Australia's official website here (www.immi.gov.au) or visit a Travel Agent or an Australian Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in.

Read More


Need Superannuation Information

If your monthly wage is more than $A450, your employer must contribute an additional sum equal to 9.5% of your wage into a superannuation (pension) account for you. If you entered Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa you can, in most cases, access your contributions when you leave Australia, although the contributions will be taxed.

Read More