Pub Jobs


Pub Jobs

Some frequently asked questions

  1. How soon can I get a Workstay? Once you have arrived in Perth and we have met you and you have met us, and you don't have two heads, we would usually get you going from within 2 days to 2 weeks. If however you do have two heads, it may take us a little longer. It always depends on whats available when you are. Workstay's reputation is based on us not sending you off to just anywhere.
  2. How much will I earn? Your basic take home (in hand) will be no less than $400 per 35 - 40hr working week, plus, you get your accommodation (own room) and all meals provided as part of the package. Some Workstays can pay substantially more depending on your previous bar experience and the length of time that you are available to Workstay etc.
  3. How do I get there? Usually travelling to your Workstay is via the government run bus or train network. Sometimes a lift may be organised or for further afield destinations there are other bus companies and for really remote destinations the pub may fly you. Most Workstays are within a radius of 500klms from Perth and travel to these places will cost on average between $20 and $100. Often the pubs will reimburse you the cost of travel after you have completed the agreed 'minimum stay'.
  4. Are Workstays for females only? Barmaids are an integral part of Outback Aussie culture and the original Workstay Country Pub Barmaids program was essentially for females, however more and more Workstay Pubs are taking guys as well (and couples, i.e. guys and girls travelling together) especially if the guys have pub experience or are qualified cooks/chefs.
  5. Do I need previous Pub experience? No! In fact this is another great thing about Workstays i.e. you get to learn something new and by the end of your Workstay Pub Experience you will be an experienced Bar and Hospitality person which will hold you in good stead wherever you go for further work ...
  6. What if I don't like it? No drama's, it usually takes at least a week to settle in but after that, if you just don't like it, then we have an easy escape plan, plus, if you wanted to try a different Workstay, then still no worries...Workstay has been designed to be win win for everyone ...
  7. Can I do more than one Workstay? Absolutely! ... in fact more and more Workstayers have done as many as four placements and loved them all ...
  8. Do I have to pay a Membership Fee to Workstay? No!

Workstay does not try to sell you anything. We try to help you 'Have the Time Of Your Life!
Workstay's costs are paid for by our Sponsor's, including the Workstay Pub's, Advertisers and other Workstay program host's.
More testimonials Here


No Very

Captcha Image


Job News

Apples and Pears Image

Latest news on jobs and travel around Australia.

If you have any news regarding backpacker jobs around Australia please drop us a line and we will share it with fellow travellers. Happy travelling!!!!

Working holiday visa expansion – WHM

Update Working holiday Visa (WHM) for Australia 2019 Working holiday visa expansion – WHM July ..


Regional visa program extended, but farmers unimpressed

Regional visa program extended, but farmers unimpressed An attempt to address worker shortages i..


Experienced Bartender Wanted Alice Springs

Experienced bartender position available at busy hostel bar that specialises in craft beer...



Master of the crowd and slave to the laugh, the King of Comedy is back! Kyle Legacy i..


Labour Hire now licensed in Queensland

Labour Hire now licensed in Queensland – tell backpackers NOW! Labour hire licensing laws have r..


Hotel staff required for Country Hotel

Hotel staff required for Country Hotel. Live in position . Meals included. You will learn a..


The Oyster Farm Shop on Kangaroo Island is looking for a Farm Shop Supervisor.

The Oyster Farm Shop on Kangaroo Island is looking for a Farm Shop Supervisor. The Oyster Farm ..


Overworked Backpackers beware

Overworked Underpaid Backpackers beware Backpackers harassed, overworked on Aussie farms THE s..


Hospitality Bruce Rock WA

Looking for casual worker in Hospitality 25 hours a week /food and accommodation includes in a p..


Hotel All Rounder Tasmania

Pedder Wilderness Lodge is on the hunt for a new All Rounder to join our team. As an all r..


View more travel jobs

Need Visa Information

Passport image

Need a visa for Australia
WHV's can ONLY be applied for; before arriving in Australia. Working Holiday Visa's* can only be granted before you arrive in Australia. For details about applying visit Australia's official website here ( or visit a Travel Agent or an Australian Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in.

Read More


Need Superannuation Information

If your monthly wage is more than $A450, your employer must contribute an additional sum equal to 9.5% of your wage into a superannuation (pension) account for you. If you entered Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa you can, in most cases, access your contributions when you leave Australia, although the contributions will be taxed.

Read More