More Info

    No items found.

Need Visa Information

Passport image

Need a visa for Australia
WHV's can ONLY be applied for; before arriving in Australia. Working Holiday Visa's* can only be granted before you arrive in Australia. For details about applying visit Australia's official website here ( or visit a Travel Agent or an Australian Embassy or Consulate in the country you are in.

Read More


Need Superannuation Information

If your monthly wage is more than $A450, your employer must contribute an additional sum equal to 9.5% of your wage into a superannuation (pension) account for you. If you entered Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa you can, in most cases, access your contributions when you leave Australia, although the contributions will be taxed.

Read More

Working Hostels in Tasmania

If you have a working Hostel in Tasmania and would like to be on this site please contact us Workstay

We have many more Working Hostels on our books please email us at WorkStay
it just takes time to add them all thanks.

Working Hostels Tassie

Tasman Backpackers

We provide a FREE HARVEST WORK PLACEMENT SERVICE to all the people staying with us.
We can't guarantee you a job but we will try and help you find something to do with harvest work. We deal directly with 30 different farms and job placement agencies so if there are harvest jobs in the region we will probably know about them.
Please note that all jobs are weather dependant and therefore may start at different times depending upon the season.

Tasman Backpackers

114 Tasman Street, Devonport,
Tasmania, Australia 7310  
Phone: +61 (03) 6423 2335

Huon Valley Backpackers
4 Sandhill Road, Cradoc.
(03) 6295 1551

Franklin Tavern
Main Rd, Franklin.
Phone: (03) 6266 3512

Working Hostels Tassie